Monday, January 12, 2009

L&V Sock Marathon 2009

I mentioned it in the previous post, but.... Now I've gone though and calculated how much sock yarn I have and I've set my goal. It seems I have acquired approximately 9.56 miles of sock yarn. I have no idea how that happened. I think it's multiplying while I sleep. That has to be it. Well, with no further adieu:





That's a LOT of sock yarn. Sadly, I'm sure I've missed counting a few skeins because they are hiding behind all of my lace weight yarn or hiding under the bed or something.

My goal: Between Feb 1 and Aug 1, 2009, I hope to knit 2 miles of sock yarn.
There. I said it. I'll have to post progress posts along the way to keep myself honest.

I shouldn't be buying anymore sock yarn - not for a while anyway. I looked at my credit card statement and almost had a heart attack. No, not from all of the sock yarn purchases - those have been a slow accumulation over the past 5 years. I find myself in 2 fiber clubs (spinning fiber) plus I bought 2 skeins of wollmeise laceweight yarn ($$$). I'm also going to the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling and paid my deposit on that. I think the heart attack comes with the idea that I still owe $400 for the Spring Fling and I have no idea where I'm going to come up with the $$$. Fortunately, I should get a tax refund. That will help LOADS.

I did manage to sell 10 skeins of my handdyed yarn on Saturday to Yarn To Go in Memphis. She also wants some roving, so hopefully I can get that dyed up pretty soon. Rainbow Yarn and Fibers purchased a couple of braids of my roving also, so that was a rather successful trip. I made enough to almost pay off the drum carder I bought from the Raven's Nest going out of business sale. Maybe I can card up some batts and sell them soon. We'll see.

I think that's enough typing for today.

No comments: