Friday, January 09, 2009

New Year, New Blog

I'm tired of my old blog, so thought I'd start fresh with the new year.While the past year was productive, I'm hoping this year will be even more so.

Currently on needles (only the ones I'm working on now):

1. Socks. I'm on the cuff (toe up)
2. Cowl - in Wollmeise!
3. Icarus - in a holding pattern

Spinning:
1. Scraps
2. Enchanted knoll farms batts - Tia Dalma from Happy Hooves
3. Troll in Romney from Spunky Eclectic

Currently Reading:
1. Free Range Knitter
2. It Itches
3. The Waste Lands (audio book to listen to while knitting)

I just got Indie Dyer Experience: The Superwash Manifesto DVD - I'm hoping to watch it and review it here. The little bit I've seen of it so far is very good.

Goals for this weekend:
Figure out how much sock yarn I have for the Lime and Violet Sock Marathon 2009. If you aren't sure what that is, this is what is said on Ravelry -
“Rules”
-Post a picture of your stash, telling us how many yards/miles you have.
-Then set a goal for yourself (if you are participating, cheerleaders encouraged), say I have 10 miles of sock yarn, my goal would be say 2 miles.
-The Ending Date would be August 1st, the starting would be February 1st. That gives everyone 6 months, perfect for those gifts coming up in the cooler months.
-You must hand make the garment. Machines can only be used for only 20-30% of your goal.
-Buying sock yarn is still ok. Don’t worry there are no police for this. You can knit and buy. I might do that as an incentive for myself.
-Socks/projects that are in progress only count for the sock/part you knit during the Marathon. So if you are knitting a pair with 400 yards of yarn and you have one sock done before February you only count the last 200 yards.
-You don’t have to make socks, make anything that uses sock yarn.
-Use up as much sock yarn as you can, incentives are good (mine is Stitches West).
-Have fun!

Not much else is going on. I hope to do a better job of updating this blog than I did the last one.

4 comments:

Tiff said...

I would love to do the l&v sock marathon but i dont have a camera and am not a fast knitter good luck though!

Morandia said...

I'm not the fastest knitter, but I figure I can always hold two strands together which gives close to an aran weight and make things that way.

Anonymous said...

What was wrong with your old blog? :)

Morandia said...

Nothing wrong with it... just time for a change.