Monday, January 19, 2009

Socks finished!

Well, I finished the socks I've been knitting for the past month. Now if I can just finish the other pair on the needles. /sigh

Not much else going on. I'm trying to decide what patterns to knit with the beautiful Wollmeise Laceweight from the last post. I have a good idea, but it will require some modification to the original pattern I have in mind. I'll have to do some testing first.

In the mean time, February 1 is fast approaching, which means it's time to start balling the sock yarn to be knit. I'm planning to start with a Clapotis in the Franz colorway of Wollmeise sock yarn. I have 2 skeins so can make a nice large wrap (which is a good idea since I'm a large gal). Originally, I thought the colorway I had on hand was Franz with chicken pox. I was rather confused how my yarn suddenly was healed of its malady, but then I realized that I had given a skein of Franz with Chicken Pox to a friend and that I had only had one of those, hence finding the two skeins without chicken pox. Oh well.... Either way, that will be cast on hopefully February 1. The only potential problem with that is that I will be working that day. Seems I end up working every year on Superbowl Sunday. Of course, I thought yesterday was Superbowl Sunday, so it's not like I'm a sports fan who cares....

Enough blather for now. Time to get back into librarian mode and man the reference desk. Oh... and Happy Robert E Lee Day as well as Martin Luther King Day. Seems they are both the 3rd Monday of January here in Arkansas. What a pair to share a holiday...

No comments: